Sunday, January 4, 2015

My attempt at a walk

I wanted to leave my walk for the last day of break so that I could think about all that had happened over the break but I didn't get home until about 5:30. By then, it was becoming dark so I quickly strapped on my walking shoes and was about to leave when my mother commented on my safety. Instead of walking to the park as planned, I walked down the hill and around the small planter at the bottom. It was pouring rain so I returned to my house but rather then ending my walk, I sat on the bench on my porch to think about the year and my Christmas break. It was also really cold and I think I'm getting sick.
Christmas lights bring me so much happiness and unearths many memories. This was the last Christmas of my childhood. I know next year will be very different and I don't know if I'm ready.
 My dad has weird ideas. This fountain was the most important garden item for a week over the summer. He obsessed over it for a while. I'm going to miss his weird quirks. He put a bag over it so it wouldn't freeze.
 How many times have I sat on this bench. It's my escape from my hectic life and the craziness just inside the house door. Being along can be calming but also lonely. It was quiet outside all those times I hid from my family but tonight I'm listening to the rain. It's always been comforting. If I move to San Diego, there won't be any rain.
How many more times will I drive out this drive-way before I leave for college. How many people have visited me? It is the beginning of an adventure but also the comforting welcome home. I think people underestimate the importance of driveways. They're awesome


To finalize, it was nice to have some quiet time. I don't mind the rain. I wish I didn't have to go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment